6-12 Month Men's Residential Program
Henry Ohlhoff House
The Henry Ohlhoff House Men’s Residential Program is a long-term, social model treatment program for adult men with alcohol or drug dependency. The program provides a safe, structured, and sober environment where men can live, while focusing on their recovery and keeping their current job. It is designed specifically for working men, with treatment taking place on evenings and weekends. Our six to twelve month program is located in San Francisco at the historic Henry Ohlhoff House campus.
Henry Ohlhoff House (est. 1958) has been providing 12-Step based addiction rehab for 60 years. It is highly regarded for the quality of its care, the professionalism of its staff and its commitment to helping residents successfully transition back into their communities. Located in a beautiful Victorian mansion in San Francisco’s historic Alamo Square District, Henry Ohlhoff House offers easy access to public transportation, comfortable living quarters and nutritious, home-style meals.
- Six month program which can be extended up to one year or longer
- Requirements of a full-time work, education or volunteer schedule (32 or more hours per week)
- Participation in two counselor facilitated peer groups and one or more individual sessions with a counselor each week
- Attendance in multiple education groups throughout the program. Groups include Sober Identity, Emotional Sobriety, Mindfulness in Sobriety, Social Skills, Family Group, Relapse Prevention, and other 12-Step work.
- Communal dinner with the other residents each evening
- Involvement in local community service
- Attendance of at least four 12-Step Meetings per week and working with a sponsor
- Participation in an off-site Spiritual Weekend Retreat in Sonoma County
- Participation in a six-week Exit Planning group
- Random drug and alcohol testing which is routinely conducted by staff
- Sober living environment and peer-monitored community with structure and aftercare in the form of individual and group counseling
- Whenever possible, staff accompanies clients to court appearances for DUI and other charges
Ohlhoff Recovery Programs is a non-profit drug & alcohol recovery program and most major health insurance plans are accepted. Please call us for help and more information about joining this renowned program.
Tel (415) 621-4388 | Fax (415) 626-0170
601 Steiner Street
San Francisco, CA 94117