Skip Byron Primary Program
The Skip Byron Primary Program (SBPP), located on the historic Henry Ohlhoff House (est. 1958) campus in the heart of SF, provides adult alcohol and drug addiction treatment through our highly structured, 30-day clinical program for the beginning stages of recovery. Cleints get help through a unique combination of services that are an affordable alternative to expensive hospital rehab. In addition, SBPP is in-network with most major private insurance plans.
Residential Treatment (also referred to as inpatient) has 24-hour staff supervision and is designed for men and women who need a stable environment to begin their recovery. Comfortable living quarters and nutritious meals enhance the client’s sense of well-being while they reside at our program overnight.
Intensive Day Treatment
SBPP also offers Intensive Day Treatment (also referred to as Partial Hospitalization) for 7 days a week for up to 30 days. This program is integrated with the residential program, yet it is designed for men and women who have a safe and sober home off campus where they can live in the evenings after treatment.
- Individualized treatment planning
- Daily alcohol and chemical dependency educational groups
- Psychiatric care
- Individual and group counseling
- 12-Step participation and education
- Dual diagnosis treatment
- Art/Drama therapy
- Recreational therapy (tennis, arts outings, etc.)
- Yoga and meditation
- Nutrition education
- Family group therapy
- Relapse prevention
- Discharge planning
- Routine random drug and alcohol testing
- Aftercare services (including regular weekly group meetings with a requirement of continued participation in 12-Step meetings. Continuing individual and family therapy is also available.)
Criteria for Admission:
The program is a post-acute/post-detox facility; potential clients are assessed and must be medically stable and not in need of medical detoxification. Therefore, clients are admitted with a minimum of 24 hours of sobriety.
- Beautiful city campus, near families and recreation
- Small onsite gym
- High staff to client ratio
- Small number of clients
- A personal care environment
- Continuum of care
- Professional, highly trained staff
- Managed Care Preferred Provider
- Credit cards welcome
Please call us today for same-day admissions or more information about joining this renowned program.
Tel (415) 621-4388 | Fax (415) 621-6219
601 Steiner Street
San Francisco, CA 94117